Welcome to University B.D.T College of Engineering!
University BDT College of Engineering (UBDTCE), Davangere, is located in the central part of Karanataka (State), INDIA. Started in the year 1951, it was the only Governement Engineering College in the state. The College was named after the donors Bramhappa Devendrappa Tanvanappanavar (BDT), who donated 1.5 lakh rupees for the construction of the buildings. The then Maharaja of Mysore Sri Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar Bahadur laid the foundation stone for the College building on August 7, 1951. Subsequently, the College building was completed and inaugurated on September 24, 1956. The College continued as the only Government Engineering College (GBDTCE) affiliated to University of Mysore, for the entire state of Karnataka until it was transferred to Kuvempu University on June 1, 1992, as a Constituent Engineering College. Later on, with the establishment of Davangere University, UBDTCE became its Constituent Engineering College on August 18, 2009. Again, the College was transferred to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, on February 24, 2011 as its first Constituent Engineering College.